Based in Boston, Massachusetts
September 4, 2012
iOS, tvOS (Apple App Store)
Pocket Storm is an environmental audio player which streams an hour-long, ever-changing thunderstorm — just for you. Pocket Storm is not like other environmental audio apps. Every thunderstorm is different! Wind, rain, thunder — even chirping crickets — every sound is chosen from a library, with subtle variations of pitch and timing. Pocket Storm weaves these elements into a tapestry of sound which will never repeat.
Pocket Storm is built on Boodler technology. Boodler is an open-source soundscape project which I invented years ago. Boodler is designed for any kind of complex audio environment — weather, traffic, alien worlds — but I’ve never developed it as it really deserves. Pocket Storm is my first attempt to bring Boodler to a consumer audience.
- A storm that approaches, surrounds you, and then drifts away.
- Elegant, uncluttered interface.
- Set the storm’s duration anywhere from a sixty-minute monster down to a five-minute squall... or hold the skies in place, and listen to the same weather for as long as you want.
- Listen with headphones... or send audio to an AppleTV or other AirPlay device on your wireless network.
- Runs as a background audio app. (No Internet connection required!)
There are currently no trailers available for Pocket Storm. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
You can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
The open-source sound engine that underlies Pocket Storm. boodler.org.
About Zarfhome Software
Interactive fiction and other narrative experiments.
More information on Zarfhome Software, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pocket Storm Credits